Employment provides people with disabilities a sense of dignity and purpose. Ray Graham Association partners with about 150 businesses and institutions throughout DuPage, Will, Cook, Grundy, and Kane counties to help people with disabilities find a job and find the right fit. We assist 150 people a year find the financial independence a new job offers through interview training, resume writing, and learning to dress for success. Skills like navigating public transportation and connecting to support at work contribute to the 90% retention rate for employment seekers.
Unlike other service providers, our eight employment specialists can assist the people we support and employer partners on weekends, holidays, and evenings. Our employment specialists offer on-the-job coaching that caters to job seekers’ specific hopes and challenges.
Our team members discover each person’s strengths and interests so that their job not only provides a steady paycheck but provides opportunities for growth and advancement. Importantly, we work with people, their families, and civil-service employees to ensure that benefits like Social Security are not adversely affected. After a person we support finds a job they love, their employment specialist continues to provide support so that they can keep it!
What makes our Employment Specialists different?
- Available to assist employers and employees on holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Offer on-the-job coaching for job seekers
- Provide a path to natural support between employee and employer
- Present job exploration certification classes
- Partner with Ride DuPage to offer transportation to and from work
How much does the service cost?
- Funded through the Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Qualifying individuals are served free of charge
- Transportation to and from work is available through a partnership with Ride DuPage
- Tax incentives for employers that hire people with disabilities
Where can people expect to work?
- Food Services like Sodexo, Pepperidge Farms, Portillos, and Culvers
- Public Services like the Glen Ellyn Park District
- Hospitality Services like Top Golf and Best Western
- Health Care Services like Lexington Square Retirement Community
If you want to learn more about Employment services, you can email ProgramServices@RayGraham.org or call 630-620-2222.